silver is considered hypoallergenic. Sterling silver is a silver
alloy. It is made when pure silver is mixed with copper. While
sterling silver is not as soft as pure silver, it is much more
Sterling silver is generally 92.5% pure.
That means only 7.5% of the mixture is another metal, generally
Sterling Silver is much
less likely to cause an allergic reaction than nickel or brass, which
means you can wear pieces of sterling silver jewelry without risk of
infection or irritation. This quality is especially important when
wearing accessories like earrings, which remain in constant contact
with the skin.